New social action members are welcome to join us the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM in the multi-purpose room. Contact the Temple for more information.
We serve God, the Torah and Judaism by striving toward Tikkun Olam (the repair of the world), shalom, justice and the alleviation of socio-economic disadvantages. We first focus on assisting the local community-at-large, then Israel, followed by world issues that need our attention. We hope to inspire and provide ways in which members of the congregation and community can embody and reach higher humanitarian goals.
* Facilitate opportunities for Temple members of all ages to perform Maasim Tovim (good deeds)
* Provide on-going, sustained efforts that bring support to those in need
* Provide linkages between the Temple community and external organizations (interfaith) that are engaged in Tikkun Olam
* Provide information to Temple members to keep them informed of community needs and social issues, enabling them to find a place where they can make a difference
* To be visible in our communities as socially active Jews who wish to help others personally and generously
It is not the study of Torah that is the essential thing, it is the doing of Torah; and, the doing of Torah means the doing of social justice. Tikkun Olam, the creating of a better world, provides a powerful answer to the question of why be Jews
. –Rabbi David Saperstein, Director, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism